Friday, December 17, 2010

If people only knew....

I came across something on the internet tonight that absolutely broke my heart and angered me so much all at the same time! It was a forum on anencephaly. It showed pictures of babies born with anencephaly and a story about a mom who ctt a baby with anencephaly. Then below it was tons of comments, and what all these people wrote was terrible.
Half of them were making fun of the pictures saying the babies looked like a frog and the other half were ripping the mother to shreds saying that these babies should be aborted right away and the mother should be charged with child abuse for allowing a baby to be born like that and suffer. I wanted to scream at the computer as I was reading! I was so mad that people could say these things and nobody was able to defend them. These people are so clueless.
They have never carried their own anencephalic baby in their womb.....they have never looked into their child's eyes.....and loved them with everything in them...I know I am only one person, but I want to be a voice for our children. Our babies deserve life. It is not up to us to decide when to end a child's life. It just made me realize how many people have no idea and really think our babies are worth nothing because of their condition.
When I saw Cayden....I saw the most beautiful baby boy. He was so handsome. I loved to just look at him and now that I no longer have him to look at, I love to look at pictures of him. I miss him so much. I would carry him all over again in a second. I guess people just don't understand unless they have walked down this road. I think it just really hurt me to read those awful things people were saying.

I was given 64 hours with Cayden and they were the best 64 hours of my life. He was such an amazing little boy. He taught me a different kind of love.....a love that is so strong...
Cayden left my arms 315 days ago. It has been the hardest days of my life. It hurts so bad right now to think of having to live the rest of my life without him. It seems so unfair. My life will always be incomplete without Cayden in it.
Cayden, How long do you want to be loved?? Is forever enough cause I'm never, ever giving you up...... I love you and miss you.

1 comment:

  1. People are very ignorant and heartless. They choose to judge a situation and a child that they have never experienced. These are people I would never want to be like in any way. I love my baby and she was so beautiful to me and always will be.

    ReplyDelete